How much time do you actually devote to your gardening tasks?
Though gardening is a beloved pastime, many individuals have issues with finding the time to tend to their outdoor spaces. It is necessary to make it a priority to give gardens the attention they deserve.
Here are some suggested tips on your gardening. This includes how to weed, water, and provide the appropriate lawn and garden maintenance services.
1. It is crucial you keep flower beds evenly moist. For this reason, you only want to water 1-2 times each week.
2. Water your plants early in the morning or in the evening. This is because the soil is cooler at this time. Less of the water will evaporate when you do so.
3. You want to avoid watering plant heads or the leaves. If you were to water them, mould would form easily. Water the plants gently in order to avoid any damage.
4. An irrigation system is ideal if you are away from the home a great deal. Use a water control measure, so that you can regulate the moisture levels. This way, it will let more or less water through based on the feel of the soil.
5. It is necessary that you protect your lawn from the heat. Temperatures leading up to 26 degrees Celsius promote growth, but temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius stunt growth. Once the temperature rises above the 26 degrees, you should not cut the grass shorter than five centimetres. This will protect the grass from the sun, as well as prevent the soil from becoming too dry.
6. The ideal time at which to water grass is between 4 and 8 am. If you are unable to water it manually during these hours, employ a water computer control system to do this task.
7. You should use about 10-15 litres of water per square metre. Remember that over-watering will lead to mould formation.
8. Plant the beds densely so that you can minimise the space and weeds will be far less likely to grow.
9. Put down some mulch to prevent the weed seeds from sprouting.
10. Use a weeding trowel for removing weed roots. This is the perfect technique when it comes to attacking any existing weeds.